Welcome to SANA
The South African Nursery Association - SANA is a non-profit organization that was formed in 1947's to create an association to act as network platform to represent the interests of the green industry.
Today it not only represents the nursery industry as a whole but also represents individual related associations:
- Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association - ABSTA
- Bedding Plant Growers Association - BPGA
- Garden Centre Association - GCA
- Growers Association
Promotion of National Nursery Issues:
- Provide a professional national communication link with fellow Nursery business.
- Present a professional image of the Horticultural industry and encourage professional business practices through our Code of Conduct.
- SANA Affiliated membership to AgriSA, Food & Trees for Africa, South African Green Industries Council.
- Liaise with Government departments on issues pertaining to our industry and environmental matters.
- Be at the forefront of social responsibility programmes which promote sound environmental awareness.
- Encourage good labour practices and provide and support educational development.
Promotion of Regional Nursery Matters:
- Provide regional forums for retail, wholesale nurseries and allied suppliers to meet and discuss matters of common interest.
- Assist with regional Trade Days/Fairs whereby growers and other suppliers can exhibit their products and services.
- Regional association meetings to discuss association matters of interest and visits to members' business.
- SANA Snippets - electronic newsletter
- Bi Annual SANA Magazine - Green Business
- SANA Website
- Minutes of Association meetings
- Notice of matters of national or regional importance e.g. government legislation.
- Convention - annual event that includes AGM. Allows networking opportunities & industry forums.
- Golf Day
- Tours - bus tours are undertaken by the Garden Centre Association & Growers Association
- Trade Fairs - held in Autumn & Spring in Gauteng and in Spring in Kwazulu-Natal.
SANA Education & Training:
- SANA coordinates with other Green Industry organizations to establish qualification standards for horticultural training in association with AgriSETA.
- Maintains communication with Education institutions on industry related matters.
- SANA Bursary Fund that provides bursaries to students studying Horticulture and related courses in the nursery industry.
SANA & Garden Centre Association Matters:
- Linked to the International Garden Centre Association (IGCA) and promotes their events.
- Garden Centre Competition that encourages and awards industry professional standards.
- Regional GCA promotions.
- SANA Supplier Competition. This is a valuable marketing tool to suppliers and is regionally based to increase exposure to all suppliers.
- 'Life is a Garden' - National campaigns to promote the benefits of gardening to the consumer public.
- Regional promotions coordinated with retail nurseries, wholesale growers and charity organizations.
- Business branding of your business/products to fellow SANA members at SANA events via the SANA Sponsorship programme.